Thursday, April 18, 2013

Good-bye hurt!


Did you ever find that one quote that really puts everything you are feeling into just a few lines? I'd have to say this would be it for me. The idea of replacement, of being inferior to others is something we all encounter, at any point in our lives. For me, and for so many other people, this feeling of inferiority stems from own personal body issues - the way I see myself. Often times I see some really attractive guys at school, but then I see another girl and I can't help but think he would probably be way more interested in her because she is super gorgeous and super pretty and super everything I'm not - or so I tell myself when I'm feeling  inferior. 

The problem is with human nature, we're so ready to come down on ourselves for every little thing, am I right? Anything we do that is "bad" or "not good enough" we immediately blame ourselves and ask what is wrong with ourselves. No positive thinking there. Now I am one to preach, I'm quite the self-negative thinker, but I'm really trying to change that. My goal is to become more confident! I think we all need a little bit of that from time to time.

So, from one girl who is struggling with her own self-image to perhaps someone else who is also, let's make a little pact, shall we?

We will:
1. Not be so hard on ourselves (really hard to do, but if those thoughts start creeping in there, say 'Nope, I will not think like this') and maybe distract yourself; go for a run. Do something that makes you happy!

2. Look at yourself in the mirror and say I am good enough and I have a lot to offer the world. (So it's his loss in my case!)

3. Find things that are good about yourself. We've all got 'em. Doesn't have to be physical or constant. Maybe you're having a really awesome hair day!

4. Do this at least once a day.

I know it'll be a struggle, but I am so game to try because nothing good is coming out from these feelings besides a whole lot of sadness and hurt. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment